Brisbane, the third largest city in Australia, is the capital of Queensland. Brisbane has the atmosphere of a modern, metropolitan city. Here you'll find anything you want. Spend time exploring high class galleries, taste a cup of coffee along Brisbane River, relax on the beach at SouthBank, visit a national park and enjoy this colorful city and its friendly people.
A key point for trips to the Gouitsantei Islands on Great Barrier Reef, Airlie Beach, is a popular destination for both tourists and locals. This small but wonderful beach has something for everyone. Adventure, water activities, tranquility and relaxation.
|3||Airlie Beach, Australia||07:00||19:00|
MIAMI, April 16, 2013 – Building on a legacy of more than 40 years of innovation and creative design, Royal Caribbean International today unveiled first details of the next generation of cruise vacations – Quantum cruising. The Quantum class of ships will take a dramatic leap forward, introducing more game-changing “firsts at sea” such as a skydiving experience, a thrilling adventure that transports guests more than 300 feet in the air on a breathtaking journey; cutting-edge transformative venues including the largest indoor sports and entertainment complex at sea with bumper cars, roller skating and more; and the cruise line’s largest and most advanced staterooms ever. These new, larger staterooms enable innovation in design, storage and comfort including the industry’s first virtual balconies. Every stateroom on Quantum of the Seas will have a view. The much anticipated details were unveiled by stage, television and film star, Kristin Chenoweth – Godmother of Quantum of the Seas – at an exclusive event for media and special guests in New York City this morning.
“This new generation of ships gave us an opportunity to make another leap in vessel design. Innovation has always been part of our DNA and we have taken advantage of all that creativity to design Quantum cruising,” stated Richard D. Fain, chairman & CEO, Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd. “The unique features on Quantum will boggle our guests’ minds, but the real strength of the design is how our people have integrated all these diverse components to create a comfortable and exciting experience.”Unprecedented “Firsts At Sea”
Having led the industry by introducing incredible signature offerings such as the Rock Climbing Wall, ice-skating rink, FlowRider surf simulator, Central Park and AquaTheater, Royal Caribbean will advance the onboard experience even further by delivering a groundbreaking lineup of “firsts at sea” on Quantum-class ships. New features exclusive to Royal Caribbean include:
• RipCord by iFly, the first skydiving experience at sea which allows everyone from first-time flyers to seasoned skydivers to enjoy the sheer thrill and exhilaration of skydiving in a safe, controlled, and simulated environment.
• North Star, an engineering marvel, takes guests to new heights – literally – with a jewel-shaped, glass capsule, transporting them on a spectacular journey more than 300 feet above the ocean and over the sides of the ship to deliver awe-inspiring 360-degree views.
“We are excited to be introducing major advancements in ship design and offerings on Quantum of the Seas and Anthem of the Seas,” said Adam Goldstein, president & CEO, Royal Caribbean International. “The innovative spirit of our brand is alive and well, and with Quantum class, we will deliver more unexpected activities in the most extraordinary spaces. Our guests should prepare to be wowed.”
With Quantum class, Royal Caribbean marries new innovations with significant architectural design elements to introduce spectacular spaces. On Quantum of the Seas and Anthem of the Seas guests will find endless possibilities with three new signature venues.
• A revolutionary concept, Two70° is a multi-level great room that is sure to become one of the most iconic venues onboard Quantum class. The space is aptly named for its magnificent 270-degree panoramic sea views through vast, floor-to-ceiling glass walls spanning almost three decks at the stern of the ship. Two70° seamlessly fuses entertainment and technology to create a transformative journey from day to night. The perfect setting to connect with the sea during the day, Two70° provides a modern and comfortable living room space for guests to sit back and relax. As the sun sets and the lights go down, the dazzling space gradually reveals its evening persona, delighting guests with spectacular, mysterious and unexpected entertainment at night. Unparalleled technology means every show at Two70° is multidimensional and immerses the audience through a combination of live performers, including aerialists, as well as breathtaking video and digital scenery.
• The largest indoor active space at sea, SeaPlex is a distinctive and flexible sporting and entertainment venue with thrilling new features that will inspire guests of all ages to let loose and connect with their playful sides. Delivering more first at sea experiences, guests can experience a circus school with flying trapeze, or play basketball on a full-size regulation basketball court. By night, the first-ever bumper car and roller skating offerings deliver fun and excitement. Or, guests can dance to music orchestrated from a floating DJ booth which hovers above the activity below.
• A performance hall and the hottest live music venue on Quantum class, Music Hall is the place for guests to enjoy intimate and exclusive access to live performances, DJs, theme night parties, billiards and more. Rebellious and edgy, Music Hall’s two-story design is inspired by the spirit of rock and roll.
The Next Generation of Stateroom Accommodations
With guest comfort and convenience in mind, Royal Caribbean debuts the most spacious and luxurious accommodations ever, introducing rooms that on average are nine percent larger than those of Oasis class ships. Sophisticated, upscale design, layouts and finishes create a home away from home. Boasting Royal Caribbean’s new smart design concept, each stateroom features contemporary designs with easy-to-use customizable layouts and intuitive larger storage solutions.
• Now every room on Quantum of the Seas has a view, with the exciting introduction of Virtual Balcony staterooms. This design concept brings virtual balconies to interior staterooms offering expansive real-time views of the ocean and exciting destinations.
• For multi-generational families, Family-Connected staterooms deliver more flexibility, using three different stateroom categories which connect to form a special layout that provides separate bedrooms and bathrooms for all. These accommodations allow families and groups of friends traveling together to enjoy the best of both worlds when it comes to together and alone time.
• With Quantum of the Seas, Royal Caribbean introduces the largest variety of stateroom categories, including new Studio staterooms, some with balconies for single travelers, three Junior Suite categories and larger Loft Suites.
The adults-only Solarium, along with an outdoor pool, a new indoor pool with operable roof and a H2O Zone kids’ aqua park, will be featured on the top deck. Signature Royal Caribbean venues and experiences popular with families such as the Rock Climbing Wall; FlowRider surf simulator; the award-winning Adventure Ocean children’s program; the Royal Babies and Tots Nursery;
Quantum of the Seas and Anthem of the Seas also will make a quantum leap forward in its culinary offerings providing the most flexible dining options and more specialty restaurants than ever before. Additional details about dining, entertainment and other unexpected features and amenities on Quantum of the Seas will be unveiled in the coming months.
Quantum class will debut in fall 2014 with Quantum of the Seas, followed by her sister-ship Anthem of the Seas in spring 2015. Quantum ships span 18 decks, encompass 167,800 gross registered tons, carry 4,180 guests at double occupancy and feature 2,090 staterooms. Quantum of the Seas will sail out of the New York Harbor from her homeport of Cape Liberty on 7- to 12-night itineraries during the winter 2014/15 season. Bookings will be available to Crown & Anchor Society loyalty program members starting May 27, 2013before opening to the general public on June 4. More information on Quantum of the Seas is available at www.RoyalCaribbean.com/Quantum.
Message from Adam M. Goldstein, President and CEO
Welcome to Royal Caribbean International – a place where innovation and imagination reign supreme. From its very beginning, our company has been guided by the principles of designing ships and creating itineraries that lead to a cruising experience like no other – principles grounded on delivering the WOW to each and every one of our guests before, during and after sailing with us.
We take great pride in being able to introduce first-at-sea innovations such as the rock climbing wall, zipline and FlowRider® surf simulator to mention a few, as well as offering unparalleled entertainment experiences and to be the only cruise line to offer Tony Award®-winning Broadway shows. All of these onboard amenities offer us the opportunity to see how we can WOW our guests every time they cruise with us.
With more than 280 destinations worldwide and an amazing array of exciting shore excursions and cruisetour options, we provide our guests the chance to experience something new. Something only a Royal Caribbean cruise can offer – like glacier-trekking in Alaska; cave-tubing in Belize; biking through the vineyards of Dubrovnik, Croatia; experiencing the wonders of China; or simply doing nothing at all. That's just the beginning of the kind of exciting adventures and relaxing escapes our global cruises bring to vacationers around the world.
Our ships are also built to WOW. Our latest innovations on Quantum of the Seas, set to sail in November 2014, will feature such first-at-sea experiences like bumper cars, roller skating, simulated skydiving and The North Star, a jewel-like capsule that gently soars 300 feet above sea level. Plus, our Oasis class ships continue to WOW our guests with their unprecedented entertainment, dining and exclusive onboard amenities. We also continue to enhance the rest of our fleet and have already revitalized more than half of our 21 ships and will finalize the revitalizations with our Voyager class in 2014 and 2015.
All of this of course could not be accomplished without our most amazing asset – our crew. The men and women onboard our ships work tirelessly each and every day to ensure that all of our guests have the vacation of a lifetime.
We are committed to continue creating amazing new experiences for our guests in the years ahead. It’s our way of ensuring that we offer our guests the most innovative cruise ships, exciting and compelling itineraries around the world, and our renowned GOLD Anchor Service – what we call the Royal Advantage. We look forward to seeing you onboard and delivering the WOW to you and your family and friends.
The price of your cruise vacation includes:
The following services are not included in the cruise price:
All prices are per-person, based on a double occupancy of the stateroom and are quoted in € unless otherwise noted. The cruise fares quoted also do not include any applicable government taxes, fees, or surcharges that may be assessed by any governmental agencies. Such assessment is subject to change without notice at any time whether or not you have a confirmed booking under deposit or if you have made a final payment.
Please see below Royal Caribbean International protocols updates for sailings departing Southampton, United Kingdom. Departing through May 31, 2022.
Plus, some updates to Europe protocols (Excluding Italy departures).
Southampton Departures Protocols
Europe Sailings (excluding Italy departures) – Updates